Since coming to Italy, one of my main focuses as a teaching professional has been
- providing language training for companies and their selected personnel who use English as L2
- consulting for Italian television
- writing music for publishing companies
- conducting pronunciation seminars
- providing blended services for medical professionals (coaching for conference presentations and writing articles for publication)
Creating a new appreciation of the language and how it sounds through mindfulness is the key.
Mindfulness is a very effective tool for Second Language Acquisition (SLA) and phonemic awareness. It is a key component for language learning at any age – even the “not so young.”
My method is based on very simple but effective principle: resetting the way we hear words and phrases. Learning to be mindfulness of the sounds and rhythms of English can
- noticeably shorten the time it takes to use English
- boost confidence and start using English in the first few lessons
- develop other necessary skills and core competencies in months
Mindful English has been my core teaching practice since I started working in Italy in the 1990s.
A 1-day workshop in English pronunciation and phonetics for groups learning English is
- provides tools you get can use immediately
Mindful English is also a unique team building activity for mixed language groups that has a powerful impact on both language learning and group communication.
Have a look at some of the work I do here and here. Call today to discuss how mindfulness practices are so effective for creating awareness and concentration and to create a program for you or your group.